Automatic Collection of Information
When you open the Website or use the Mobile Application, our servers automatically record information that your browser or device sends. This data may include information such as your device’s IP address and location, browser, device name and version, operating system type and version, language preferences, the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Services, pages of the Services that you visit, the time spent on those pages, the information you search for on the Services, access times and dates, and other statistics.
Information collected automatically is used only to identify potential cases of abuse and establish statistical information regarding the usage and traffic of the Services. This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that would identify any User of the system.
Collection of Personal Information
You can access and use the Services without telling us whom you are or revealing any information by which someone could identify you as a specific, identifiable individual. If, however, you wish to use some of the features offered on the Services, you may be asked to provide certain Personal Information (for example, your name and e-mail address).
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us when you create an account, publish content, or fill out any forms on the Services. When required, thisinformation may include the following:
- Account details (such as username, unique user ID, password, etc)
- Contact information (such as email address, phone number, etc)
- Basic personal information (such as name, country of residence, etc)
- Certain features on the mobile device (such as contacts, calendar, gallery, etc)
- Any other materials you willingly submit to us (such as articles, images, feedback, etc)
You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the features of the Services. Users who are uncertain about what information is mandatory are welcome to contact us.
Use and Processing of Collected Information
We act as a data controller and a data processor when handling Personal Information unless we have entered into a data processing agreement with you in which case you would be the data controller and we would be the data processor.
Our role may also differ depending on the specific situation involving Personal Information. We act in the capacity of a data controller when we ask you to submit your Personal Information that is necessary to ensure your access and use of the Services. In such instances, we are data controllers because we determine the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Information.
We act in the capacity of a data processor in situations when you submit Personal Information through the Services. We do not own, control, or make decisions about the submitted Personal Information, and such Personal Information is processed only by your instructions. In such instances, the User providing Personal Information acts as a data controller.
To make the Services available to you, or to meet a legal obligation, we may need to collect and use certain Personal Information. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested products or services. Any of the information we collect from you may be used for the following purposes:
- Create and manage user accounts
- Send administrative information
- Send product and service updates
- Respond to inquiries and offer support
- Request user feedback
- Improve the user experience
- Enforce terms and conditions and policies
- Protect from abuse and malicious users
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm
- Run and operate the Services
You can delete certain Personal Information we have about you. The Personal Information you can delete may change as the Services change. When you delete Personal Information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised Personal Information in our records for the duration necessary to comply with our obligations to our affiliates and partners, and for the purposes described below. If you would like to delete your Personal Information or permanently delete your account, you can do so on the settings page of your account on the Services.
Disclose of Information
- Other Businesses. To offer you our Services, we may engage with businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers (e.g., logistics businesses used to deliver products to you, marketing companies, payments processors to process online transactions, etc.). We may involve other businesses in your transactions, who may store your information in a digital wallet to make your use of our services more efficient.You understand that it is important that such businesses have access to the relevant information to perform their functions. We will ensure that these businesses do not use your information for other purposes. We may also receive information from this business (e.g., updated delivery and address information), which we may use (e.g., to correct our records and deliver your next purchase). By using our platform, you hereby freely and specifically consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of your information among businesses that are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers, wherever located. These businesses shall be contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your information.
- Marketing and Promotional Offers.We may also use your information to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and enhance your platform experience, service messages, new features, enhancements, special offers, and events of interest. We may contact you via various channels, including without limitation emails, push notifications, web notifications, posts, telephone, in-app messages, and news feed cards.We may permit third parties to use your information. For example, we may provide advertisers with information to help them reach the kind of audience they want to target and to enable us to comply with our commitments to our advertisers (e.g., by displaying their advertisements to a target audience).
- Protection of our platform and others.We release accounts and other information when we believe such a release is appropriate to comply with the law and law enforcement investigations and to protect the rights, property, or safety of our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for various reasons, such as fraud protection and credit risk.Note that our platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that this website has its privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data or other information to this website.
You need to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password and to the devices used to access our services. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. For example, ensure that you sign off when you have finished using a shared device.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our platform and any transmission is at your own risk.
We secure the information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of Personal Information in our control and custody. However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed.
Changes and Amendments
You can access a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with the platform to view and, in certain cases, update your information.
Examples of information you can access easily on the platform include:
- up-to-date information regarding recent orders.
- personally, identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications, and personalized advertising preferences);
- payment settings (including credit card information); and e-mail notification settings.
We may retain a copy of your Information for compliance reasons. When you update information, we may retain a copy of the prior version for our records.
We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our platform frequently to see recent changes.
Weare not responsible for any problem caused by a product purchased from the store. We sell other shops’ products which we already signed an agreement with, stating that Benchmark Electronic Store has nothing to do with any problem caused by their products. However, we will help any customer to maintain his rights by contacting the companydirectly to solve the issue as soon as possible or by providing the company’s information on any legal occasion.
Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Services and submitting your information you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to access or use the Services.
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding this Policy, or the information we hold about you, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to contact us on:
Mussafah 32, Plot 15, Building No. 28, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
We will attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honor your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and, in any event, within the timescales provided by applicable data protection laws.
This document was last updated on August 18, 2022
Shipping Cost and Policy
We like to give our customers the flexibility of payment, so our customers have two options:
- COD: For all orders inside the UAE.
- Credit/ Debit cards and PayPal: For orders inside and outside the UAE.
Note: The shipping fee of 30 AED will be implemented for orders inside UAE.
For orders outside UAE, a quotation will be sent according to the customer’s country and order size (Starting from 65 AED).
You do not have a right to return, replace or exchange products in respect of:
- products that are classified as hazardous materials or use flammable liquids or gases.
- products that have been used or damaged by you or are not in the same condition as you received them.
- any consumable product which has been used or installed.
- products that fall under specific categories, including food, beverages, household goods, digital books, hosiery, socks, health, contact lenses, hygiene-related, and personal care products.
For delivered products, we will refund you the product amount:
- if products are faulty or not as described on our site, or damaged
- if your reason for return is due to an error from our side, such as an error in pricing or description, or a delay in delivery.
We will issue a refund to you depending on the method you used for payment, as follows:
- if you paid by cash on delivery, we would issue a refund to your wallet; or
- if you paid by credit/debit card, you could choose to have a refund by credit/debit card or to your wallet.
To verify your mobile number for the COD payment method:
When choosing the Cash on the Delivery payment method, your mobile number needs to be verified on www.uaestore.com, you will be prompted to enter a One-Time Password that will be sent to the mobile number registered on your account. Once done, click Continue to proceed with your order.
- If you verify a mobile number that is already registered on a different account, that other account will be disabled.
- For steps on changing the mobile number linked to an account, please go to the Change Your Account Settings help page.